Security Installer Community

G3 To Replace Logic4, Bell Ringing!

risbee

Hi I'm replace a Logic 4 with and Optima Compact G3 today. I've already posted about this before in post 'Battery For Optima Compact G3'.

Everything went fine, apart from one thing. When I have connected the bellbox to the control panel I cannot get the siren to silence. I have wired it back up to the Logic4 and I can get it to silence. But....

When removing power and battery from Logic4 (siren will sound obviously), when power is reapplied I have always had to short out SCB-A and one of the Tamper terminals with a peice of wire. Dont know why, but someone advised me to do this a while ago and its always worked.

Do I need to do the same on the G3, to 'reset' the siren? I'm concerned that it may short out the board though as I'm not quite sure what it actually does even though its always worked.

Any help would be appreciated as the siren is beginning to annoy the neighbours!

BTW, I've checked all fuses on the new board and they are fine. I'm 99% certain its something to do with having to reset the siren. Also bear in mind as per my last post I cant access the battery in the bell box with ladders as its obscured.

Thanks you very much!

Might do, but without being able to check the connections at the bell we're guessing as to what could be wrong here and as such any information gleaned in this or any other thread pertaining to your alarm system should be taken as completely incorrect.

Hi I'm replace a Logic 4 with and Optima Compact G3 today. I've already posted about this before in post 'Battery For Optima Compact G3'.

Everything went fine, apart from one thing. When I have connected the bellbox to the control panel I cannot get the siren to silence. I have wired it back up to the Logic4 and I can get it to silence. But....

When removing power and battery from Logic4 (siren will sound obviously), when power is reapplied I have always had to short out SCB-A and one of the Tamper terminals with a peice of wire. Dont know why, but someone advised me to do this a while ago and its always worked.

Do I need to do the same on the G3, to 'reset' the siren? I'm concerned that it may short out the board though as I'm not quite sure what it actually does even though its always worked.

Any help would be appreciated as the siren is beginning to annoy the neighbours!

BTW, I've checked all fuses on the new board and they are fine. I'm 99% certain its something to do with having to reset the siren. Also bear in mind as per my last post I cant access the battery in the bell box with ladders as its obscured.

Thanks you very much!

Or the panel is programmed for SCB instead of SAB?????

If that can be done on a g3???

I've switched the -ve and tamper return like Lurch suggested and bingo!

I will take your advice and get the bellbox/siren replaced (and fitted into a better location), but thank you once again for restoring my sanity.

How you can diagnose a fault from my half-baked descriptions is beyond me, you certainly know your stuff.

cheers.

Guest rjbsec
How you can diagnose a fault from my half-baked descriptions is beyond me, you certainly know your stuff.

cheers.

You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the ..............

Archived