Security Installer Community

Dsc Panel

rob walton

Hi Guys,

I Have a DSC Panel with L.C.D. Screen it gave me an error code telling me there was a battery problem.

I measured Voltage and it was only 10.9 Volts charging at 560 mA, I replaced the battery but cannot now set the system.

Do i need to clear the fault log or perform another action?

Any help greatfully received.

cheers

Hi Guys,

I Have a DSC Panel with L.C.D. Screen it gave me an error code telling me there was a battery problem.

I measured Voltage and it was only 10.9 Volts charging at 560 mA, I replaced the battery but cannot now set the system.

Do i need to clear the fault log or perform another action?

Any help greatfully received.

cheers

Depending how much charge there was in the new battery, it can take a few hours for the battery fault clear

If you do *2 on the keypad, it should tell you if there is another fault on the system :yes:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Depending how much charge there was in the new battery, it can take a few hours for the battery fault clear

If you do *2 on the keypad, it should tell you if there is another fault on the system :yes:

all i have displayed is an info symbol in top right and a open door symbol in top left!

battery fault doesn't prevent DSC panels from setting but your panel tamper might need an engineer reset and therefore you can not set.

incase it is a diy system and you know the INSTALLER code then * 8 CODE # will do the trick. if you don't then your engineer will help you out. he will (should :whistle: ) also check that there is nothing damaged on the panel PCB.

also - did you close your panel cover..

:question:

door symbol means there are zones open and open zones should scroll on the display ( i assume you hace ICON (LCD5501) keypad not LCD (LCD5500). "i" sign means there are faults in the system and * 2 will reveal them. tell us what numbers scroll after you push ## * 2 . ( # is only for clearing any previous button presses )

also - did you close your panel cover..

:question:

"i" sign means there are faults in the system

If its a Envoy then it mean there are alarms in memory :hmm:

Is the trouble LED on (Yellow one)?

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

i dont get any text description on the display, only time when i try to set the system using the f2 button
tell us what numbers scroll after you push ## * 2 . ( # is only for clearing any previous button presses )

besides - F2 button can have almost any fonction programmed on it ie. part set, full set, chime on/off, toggle an output etc..

first check what numbers scroll when you enter ##*2

Archived