Security Installer Community

veritas r8 500ma fuse keeps blowing

Guest nige

I have recently moved into a house with a veritas r8 alarm install. and I noticed the pirs were not blinking when any movement should've been detected. I traced it to the 500ma fuse in the control box ( F3 ). I duly replaced the fuse and it worked fine for a few hours, whereupon i noticed that again the pirs had stopped blinking. replaced the fuse again and the same thing happened again. My query is can you point me in the right direction as to fault finding the circuit please and as to what the problem might be, especially as the alarm works for a couple of hours before dying. Many thanks <_<

Guest Samholland

Your best bet is to disconnect the AUX power cables that feed the PIRs and perform cable test for short circuits etc. Its possible that some cabling might be damaged, sometimes staples can cause problems when movement on wooden floors cause the cable to move and the staple could short out power feeds. Another could be the battery, how old is it. Measure the current drawn whilst charging but it could well be fused seperatly anyway. And finally There could be many more reasons too much to mention. Suggest if your not sure about the above Call someone that does know....

WARNING- MAINS VOLTAGES PRESENT INSIDE PANEL- IT CAN KILL

an easier way is to remove all aux wires, put them back one pair at a time, leave for while then add next pair etc ect. one thing should it have a 500ma fuse? may be it should be 1 amp (NO MORE) what does pcb / manual say

Make sure the PIR's are connected to AUX +/- and not RKP +/- as ive seen some engineers stick PIR's on here and cause its got a smaller fuse when the LED's all come on it blows the fuse.

D

Archived