Security Installer Community

Flying Engineer

hisec

My Training engineer Colin R.

and i were installing a catenary wire between 2 buildings which went fine until we attached the cable to it and it became to low due to the excess weight.

so Colin in his wisdom decided that if he undid the wall bracket he could wrap a couple of turns of wire and then re-attach it, to his surprise and mine he was no longer on the ladders but being propelled thu the air, once he had landed i did'nt know whether to laugh or help him, once he had turned around his face was a picture, at this point i was past the helping stage.

Hi Colin, remember ????

:D:D

• 2 years later...

one of my clients sons is a tree sergeon, we were exchanging a few stories when he told me about a YTS guy he took on. 1st call is the cafe for safety talk, that done they had to lop off a large oak tree limb. up he goe's attaches a rope to the limb, calls to the trainee to tie it off, on getting the ok chainsaws off the limb - and watches as the yts trainee ascends into the tree - he had tied the rope arround his waist :rolleyes:

the way he was rolling arround laughing i don't think it was a re-told urban myth and even so i was all but useless for arround 2 hours :P .

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

When I was an apprentice, my sparky mentor clipped one end of a catinery to the bucket on the cherry picker with a pair of mole grips (to save having to hold it), the other end was already attached to the wall.

The catinery had high st xmas lights (lamped up) already attached to it.

As he manouvered the bucket close to the wall to fix the other end, he realised (too late) that the wire was not long enough and it pinged of the bucket and fell across the high st, smashing every lamp on the chain !!!!

Think I told this one before ??

• 2 weeks later...
When I was an apprentice, my sparky mentor clipped one end of a catinery to the bucket on the cherry picker with a pair of mole grips (to save having to hold it), the other end was already attached to the wall.

The catinery had high st xmas lights (lamped up) already attached to it.

As he manouvered the bucket close to the wall to fix the other end, he realised (too late) that the wire was not long enough and it pinged of the bucket and fell across the high st, smashing every lamp on the chain !!!!

Think I told this one before ??

:roflmao:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived