Security Installer Community

Bad Customers

securitycctv

I am sure we all have come across companies/individuals whose only intent is to get get work done, dispute the work and then move on the to the next comany down the list and start all over again. Is there anywhere on the site that deals with these issues ?

I am sure we all have come across companies/individuals whose only intent is to get get work done, dispute the work and then move on the to the next comany down the list and start all over again. Is there anywhere on the site that deals with these issues ?

hi securitycctv,

a CCJ is a better option, as i don't feel this forum is a place for name and shame. rogues aside there is often 2 sides to any story, so all you will get is many people inserting there views for and against you and often clouding/confussing the issue and some will do that on purpose. it would also as previously said open up the site owners to unwelcome litigation as well as the agreived poster, not many of us if any are legally trained to be qualified to make a good comment and some comments made may even weaken your case should it go to litigation.

bad or non-payment is an infuritaing problem for all of us, and no matter how strident you are we all take the ocassional 'hit' which we have to absorb so i build in to my pricing. it's not nicei know, but to help reduce the risk especially if you do not know the client's track record, i recommend always insist on a good deposit of at least 40% to assist with cash flow, then progress payments as either as kit is delivered or 1st fix is completed. to sweaten the 'pill' they might get a bonus item for prompt payment or a slight reduction (which you have already built in).

nothing is perfect and you might lose the occassional client, be resolute and most decent clients will accept the terms, put this against risking lost capital spent on the bad cases is a decision you make as you see fit - and it works just fine for me.

sometime's it a bit like good advice for gambling, don't risk more than you can afford to lose, and that can be hard to rule obey with a big job tempting you.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

.... but that doesn't stop you naming an individual client who has annoyed you ....

Paul

hi Paul,

:hmm: surely just as dangerous imo? my advice is steer clear of actually namming anyone when it can be taken as defamation or malicious. many on here have berated one of the biggist security companies, now i can't see them being too ammused by that, and given the undoubted finacial clout they have the site could lose even if it was legally right, just by not having the funds or time to fight it in court.

a safe rule for life by is only pick a fight with someone if you know you can win - litgation is never that clear cut

regs

alan

I would suggest both the OP and the site owner take legal advice before any naming be done.

Roger, thats good sound advice for anyone to follow, imo the site would be better to avoid it in the 1st place.

this is a place of discussion, humourous, sometimes heated, billigerent and even hostile but never for venting your angst on another individual or company especially based on any finacial involvement, imo it would be treading on a very slippery slope.

regs

alan

good topic but very awkward to deal with, perhaps hiring a Somalian hitman ? they are everywhere hanging around or just go to a Lorry park in Dover and wait for one to

'fall off the back of a lorry' :rolleyes:

Sorry Lads

good topic but very awkward to deal with, perhaps hiring a Somalian hitman ? they are everywhere hanging around or just go to a Lorry park in Dover and wait for one to

'fall off the back of a lorry' :rolleyes:

Sorry Lads

They don't usually fall off the back of a lorry they usually take it upon themselves to WALK through the channell tunnel..

Yes we have trains reaching speeds of upto 200 mph and we take a walk through a 30 mile tunnel 2 miles down!!!

Mind you in somalia they have lions/tigers roaming around loose so a high speed train does'nt really pose a threat to them....I would'nt go down there for a walk... :crazy::eekout:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies guys. I know it would be extremely risky to do something like that, but it really p*****es me off to know that this customer has already dont it to one company and will carry on and do ti to another local company. Ah well thats life I suppose

Archived