Security Installer Community

Bt Vp1000 + Mcs-700

Guest DougVT

I've just installed a BT VP 1000 (re-branded Visonic Powermax +) and also installed an addition Visonic MCS-700 external siren. They all work fine however the siren "squawks" eveytime I arm or disarm the alarm via the remote fob. I've looked at the MCS-700 intructions and it states:

"Squawk indications High, mid or low siren squawk (beep) sounds can be used to

indicate PowerMax+ arming (1 squawk) and disarming (2squawks) by a keyfob (see PowerMax+ user's guide par. 7.13)."

Yet I've checked the Powermax + instructions and there is no 7.13 in the user guide so am at a loss. :hmm:

Any ideas / suggestions greatly appreciated. banghead

Thanks in advance a confused,

Doug

cheers

Its in the engineer manual you need to disable it there.

We do not give out engineer manuals, did you get your panel from e bay?

Without the engineer manual how do you know your system is set up correctly.

Sorry cant be of more help.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
I've just installed a BT VP 1000 (re-branded Visonic Powermax +) and also installed an addition Visonic MCS-700 external siren. They all work fine however the siren "squawks" eveytime I arm or disarm the alarm via the remote fob. I've looked at the MCS-700 intructions and it states:

"Squawk indications High, mid or low siren squawk (beep) sounds can be used to

indicate PowerMax+ arming (1 squawk) and disarming (2squawks) by a keyfob (see PowerMax+ user's guide par. 7.13)."

Yet I've checked the Powermax + instructions and there is no 7.13 in the user guide so am at a loss. :hmm:

Any ideas / suggestions greatly appreciated. banghead

Thanks in advance a confused,

Doug

cheers

Hi Doug,

I am looking at purchasing a BT VP1000 with a MCS-700 External Siren. Is the alarm system easy to install? In addition do you have to subscribe to the BT Monitoring service or can you configure the control panel to contact you direct?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Latif

Archived