Security Installer Community

Wm5 Smartphone Transfere To Wm5 Smartphone

arfur mo

hi all,

i decided to run a 'fake' desaster recovery between my 2 smartphones for the day i drop my regular one or lose/upgrade it.

when i swapped from an SPV1000 - SPV2000 i simply copied the data from my SD card backup to my new handset. no drama's as i used to backup all the data to a 1gig card while driving in every day, so as i could restore should i get a crash, within say 20 minutes or so (and it happened several times) .

WM5 has done away with this handy B/R feature or i can't find it, i assume because WM5 is meant to be 'perminant memmory' (as if we would ever trust that idea from the likes of MS :no: ) so 'we' don't 'need' it anymore, just like we don't lose or drop our phones then :rolleyes:

so when i got the new MIO (from my fragged memmory) to get arround this, i had to synch into Outlook from the old phone, then delete the partnership, introduce as the new Partner MIO and synch it up.

i still currently use the MIO A701a Digi Walker (open to all networks) with no problems and it is my preferred phone. recently i changed networks from Orange to T-Mobile and got a free MDA with slide out keyboard jobby. i'm not one who is botherred about having the tiniest handsets so i prefer 'all in one' functionality, i often write letters or specs on it when in traffic jams, and while waiting for clients etc. and so thinking best to have a replacement for that dark day in the future when the MIO go's cherry button's up.

so now i want to transfer/restore my MIO data to MDA but activsynch (had to use latest beta as was only version the MIO liked) but it don't seem to want to play ball. the MIO has its own software for backup/restore of data all fine and dandy, but it won't restore the data the MDA :cry: . TomTom6 has a backup routine but again it's not interested in talking to the MDA :realmad: , and i don't want to break the partnership with the MIO as it is still in use and has a settled routine.

ideally i would like to mirror all the contacts/appointments data etc. to the MDA for recovery purposses, so anyone got any suggestions how or what software to use?

i'd be deeply endebted (groveling noises edited out, concidered too sickly for the mods to tollerate :P ).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived