Security Installer Community

Sg Ii Random Chirps

Guest Jason

Hi All

Have an FAI Security Guard II that came with the house. I am aware of the normal on-off noise and low battery beeps, but now I have a single chirp that goes off all the time (even if I key it off).

I have read all the manuals which talk about beeps, not a single chirp (every couple of minutes).

Does anyone know what this is? I am guessing it might be a dead/dying main battery. Does anyone know what batteries are inside these things?

Regards

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

It is probably the battery causing it to chirp. You should have a charger for it. There is a place right on the bottom of the alarm, plug it in there, plug in the mains, then it will bleep when its fully charged. Will probably need recharging about every 6 months, depending on usage.

If you haven't got the charger then the point where you attach it to the alarm is fairly standard, you should be able to buy a universal charger that would fit it.

Rachael

Hi All

Have an FAI Security Guard II that came with the house. I am aware of the normal on-off noise and low battery beeps, but now I have a single chirp that goes off all the time (even if I key it off).

I have read all the manuals which talk about beeps, not a single chirp (every couple of minutes).

Does anyone know what this is? I am guessing it might be a dead/dying main battery. Does anyone know what batteries are inside these things?

Regards

Jason

Archived