Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 mini

Guest lankio

I am currently having a problem with my alarm system, please could someone help me resolve this issue.

The outside alarm went off when the alarm system was not set and I was unable to turn off the siren from the control panel. To stop this happening I have disconnect the battery and the sounder. The control panel and internal alarm still orks correctly. When the alarm sounded the strobe did not falsh and did not sound the same.

My equipment is an Accenta 8 mini Intruder Alarm Control System with an Sonade 2000 sounder strobe unit.

Does anyone know what the fault with my system is and how to resolve the problem?

I have thought that this maybe a battery fault however I am unable to find any suppliers for the battery in my system. Can anyone recommend me a supplier for where I maybe able to purchase a new battery from?

Thanks for any help

Hi,

it sounds like the internal fuse protecting the bell circuit has blown - this would cause the external sounder to "ring" using it's own battery.

If you need a new stand-by battery too, I would suggest that you have the panel serviced by a local security alarm co. This way you will have peace of mind that your system will operate as intended.

If you reply stating which part of the country you live in, some of the trade members may be able to make a recommendation on a local installer.

Regards.

Archived