Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 Mini

Guest theriddler

Guest theriddler

Please be gentle................

While I was married,we got an alarm fitted to the house (around 6 years ago now). My ex-wife recently brought it up in coversation that the last Thunderstorm screwed up the alarm.Today I had a quick look and it may well be that a qualified person may need to look at it (Probably rules out the guy that fitted it!!).

At the moment the inline fuse has been pulled out to disable the whole system as it was intermittently going off.My concern is obvoiusly my 5 year old and to an extent, my ex-wife's safety.To check what faults are present,when I put the inline fuse back in place,is this "reseting" the system? If so,is it the present code to reset it, or would it be a default code.Is there anything obvious to check for if the fuse is out/in?

I just want to try to pinpoint the problem to see if I can resolve it first before calling out an Engineer.The system has a remote keypad.

Thanks in advance

By inline fuse , do you mean the 240v fused spur that supplies the alarm with mains power?.It could have been disconnected for safety reasons as well as false alarms.But , if you feel confident , replace fuse , (alarm should sound) input known user code , if it doesnt stop , enter the default code , press reset .The intermittent fault will still be there..so best to get it checked out.Its most likely to be battery replacement time.

Regards.

Guest theriddler
By inline fuse , do you mean the 240v fused spur that supplies the alarm with mains power?.It could have been disconnected for safety reasons as well as false alarms.But , if you feel confident , replace fuse , (alarm should sound) input known user code , if it doesnt stop , enter the default code , press reset .The intermittent fault will still be there..so best to get it checked out.Its most likely to be battery replacement time.

Regards.

Thanks.The fuse IS the spur fuse.It was only removed to stop the alarm.When it is replaced,it does indeed sound.Putting in what my ex "thinks" is the code,(not certain if she changed it!)the outside sounder stops,but the internal alarm sounds but no LEDS are indicated on the remote pad to determine where the fault lies. Sorry for sounding stupid,but what is the default AND by replacing the spur fuse, does the alarm go back to factory settings?

Sorry that this sounds "hazy" but I have been out of the house for a while.THe alarm was installed brand new.None of the sensors are motion sensors.All fitted to windows and doors downstairs. I am fairly conpetent with electronics,electrics and would like to help my ex out without her forking out money unless she needs to.

Where do I find a battery replacement and is this in the main unit itself?

Thanks again

Guest theriddler
on most equipment (ie not ancient say less than 8 yes old) doing what you have done will not remove the code for obvious reasons. WEe cannot give you advoice on how to defeat that code for again obvious reasons. If that code is doing something then i would suggest you have the right code. But you may have a fault with the panel and that was your issue before and is now.

I appreciate what you are saying.To be honest.At the time of fitting we had quite a few problems.My confidence in the "fitter" was very low to say the least.If he wasn't so far on in the install,I would have probably told him to forget it.

Guest theriddler
I've seen quite a few systems wired with a sound bomb connected to the strobe trigger.

Meant to mention earlier.When the code is entered.The exterior alarm stops,but the the interior alarm sounds and the strobe still pulses

Guest theriddler
perhaps he has some how got it in walk test lol

sorry, on a serious note, you need an engineer mate, it will need at least:

- a callout

- battery

- service

Thanks again.Thought that myself.Just wanted a 2nd opinion.

Archived