Security Installer Community

Carbon Monoxide Detector

Guest aechlin

Guest aechlin

Hello, I have a Thorn SGU601 Carbon Monoxide detector, from an //.National Installer.// system and I am trying my hardest to get the wiring information for it. It has four terminals, R, L, L1 and L2 on the base. I intend to connect it to the last free zone on my alarm panel to act as the fire zone.

Any help would be greatfully recieved

Thank You

Alistair

Guest aechlin

Hmmmm, ok, so if I managed to supply it with 24 volts how would I connect up the alarm switch side of the detector? I may need to use an opto-isolator to trigger the panel.

Thank you for your very much for your quick response :)

cheers

Alistair

Guest aechlin

Well thank you for explaining this to me, would have been spending lots of time on this for nothing. I see now its not as straight forward as I anticapated.

cheers

Alistair

Guest graemekeatley

With regards to how to wire them

Negitive - L

Incoming Positive - L1

Outgoing Positive - L2

EOL between L2 and L at last device

You can fit these detectors to a normal intruder system and //.National Installer.// were using these in Residential systems. One of the //.National Installer.// guys should be able to confirm the wiring and eol setup. They operate over a voltage range of 9volts up to 24volts.

Colin.

Guest aechlin

Well, thank you all for the responses, it is connected up and working as it should be doing.

Again many thanks, hope I can be of any assistance to anyone on this great forum!

Alistair :D

• 2 weeks later...

do bear in mind they are NOT smoke detectors , but CARBON MONOXIDE (CO) detectors, which also means if you have a faulty gas appliance they WILL activate

Archived