Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800 Panel

Guest barry p

Guest barry p

It does strike me as strage that the digipins, dont have pull ups on them as i thought it was a design standard of the molex foot print.

hi James,

these days its only loaded with gunpowder - not shot :'(

as for the molex pins, makers (i'd assume) put their own 'bias ressister' on the piggyback board, with wired inputs anyone can liturally stick in any device they like.

regs

alan

hi alan

so to connect sd1+ to 9800 panel trig a to bell/trig b to fire zone 8 fire/ +12v to 12 aux/

ov to -ve not sure about box tamp presume 24 tamp circuits

thanxs barry

hi barry,

SD1 9800

+12 +12 AUX

-12 -12AUX

Trig 'A' -BELL

you can put this trigger in the - bell output, but i'd put it in the - strobe output, as if the alarm keeps faulting it then won't keep anoying your key holder by repetative calls, but your decission

Trig 'B' you have two programmable outputs on the main board, P1 & P2 one of these can be set to signal 'FIRE'.

i would transpose those inputs 2, if memory serves me right priority is given to A, B then C if simultaneous signals arrive. a small point but we are into those on here :rolleyes:

if you did not follow the bias or pull up ressistor chat, place a 1.2k (0.5 watt) ressistor between +VE and the SD1 input (in the dialler), repeat for all inputs. this makes the input terminal of the SD1 a more 'solid' positive, so when the alarm trips the output makes a clean negative sweep input signal.

(that bit was for james :whistle: )

:P

regs

alan

hi alan

many thanx i will try this later

barry

Archived