Security Installer Community

Intellisense Securit 800l

Guest chris

Hi I have a Intellisense Securit 800L control panel, and I wish to upgrade the existing External Sounder with a newer one.

At present there is only one external sounder and I wish to install two, it was my intention to run one in SAB and one in SCB to reduce current load on the control panel.

My question is how do I determine what the current limit of the control panel is? :hmm:

Does the control panel supply the external sounders via the +- Aux suppply which is rated at 500mA? :hmm:

At present I have 6 zones each with a PIR, an internal sounder, keypad and a speech/text dialler all taking power form the Aux supply.

What sort of sound reduction can be expected by running the External Sounder in SCB mode? And any recommendations on external sounder choice?

Thanks

The panel is limited by the overall supply fuse and this should be specified in the manual.

Aux is as it says auxilllary equipment supply and not external bells so you will have to calculate total load and test in standby and in alarm to make sure that it is not greater than rated supply.

The scb and SAB arrangement for 2 bells is normal practrice but check total current consumption

hope that clears things up

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

Hi ipsy thanks for the reply, the manual states:

Mains suply voltage 230v Nominal

PSU output Voltage: 13.7v Nominal

Max Output Current 1 A (total)

Aux Current 500mA Max

Battery Fuse 1A

Panel Quiescent 40mA

How do I calculate total load in standby and in alarm state?

And is the rated supply 1A?

What sort of sound reduction can be expected by running the External Sounder in SCB mode? And any recommendations on external sounder choice?

Thanks

to calc total expeted load add together max rated current values for all auxillary devices

the bell will value will be higher in alarm mode and can vary from manufacturer.

As long as this is not near to the 1A you should be ok otherwise a seperate psu should be used. you can more or less fit any bell to the panel just adhere to the connections specified. No detrimental effect should be distinguished from the bell being in SCB mode

:rolleyes:

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

Archived