Security Installer Community

Anyone Receive Duplicate Alarms From Customers ?

IPAlarms

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that programs their monitored customer's panels to send signals to both primary and seconday telephone numbers. The central station get the signal sent to the primary number and a receiver at your office (or home) receives the signal sent to the secondary number.

You get to keep a check on the central station, you get live activation history and you also get early notification of possible service calls. Down side is the customer has to pay double for calls.

Telephone call costs aside - would this kind of system be handy to some alarm companies ?

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Hello matey, its me again..... :P

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that programs their monitored customer's panels to send signals to both primary and seconday telephone numbers. The central station get the signal sent to the primary number and a receiver at your office (or home) receives the signal sent to the secondary number.

Why would we need to do that... :huh:

You get to keep a check on the central station, you get live activation history and you also get early notification of possible service calls. Down side is the customer has to pay double for calls.

Been done years ago genrally if you have a decent number of connections the arc will provide software to link their systems to the alarm companies,

Before you take umbrage with me for a change have you had any dealings within a proper ARC using Sentinel or maybe the new manitou or just simple stand alone receivers?

Every decent arc provides you with web interface so you can follow what is going on if you REALLY want to. Our ARC will call us every SIA code we want to - no dual reporting needed nor other equipment except a telephonE to ring to...

Thanks guys,

Sounds like things have moved on since I left the UK 4 years ago. I couldn't get remote access to my data via the web back then.

Do most CMS's allow your customers to access their history ?

Do they allow the alarm company to create new accounts and update existing ones ?

Before you take umbrage with me for a change have you had any dealings within a proper ARC using Sentinel or maybe the new manitou or just simple stand alone receivers?

Although I am familiar with most automation software packages, I am not familiar with their web interfaces. I wrote the web interface for the ADSW monitoring software - used in the majority of monitoring centres in Australia.

A couple of companies that run my Virtual Monitoring platform still receive alarms via telephone lines so I have also written an interface for the Surgard MLR2 alarm receiver.

My IP products have to interface with many different monitoring software packages and as some of them are proprietory, I have to output signals to the serial port. For systems that use MS SQL Server (Sentinel, Bold, ADSW, Patriot & others) it is easier and quicker to write signals directly into their database.

Archived