Security Installer Community

Veritas 8

Guest Martin

:angry: I've had a veritas 8 now for over 6 years and have had no trouble with it until recently. I had a sensor on my back window and when I changed the window for doors I cut the sensor out. Now when I try to set my alarm it won't let me also I've never changed my battery would this cause any problems.

Hi,

If you never changed your battery - it is probably already ded, a power cut will totally disable your system (but not bell boxes if they have been changed).

I suggest you get a new battery fitted by a local alarm company or DIY.

Also, on the main subject, you cant just simply "cut" a sensor out of your alarm system, it is a breach of security - and thats why your alarm wont work!

Becuase you cut the wire, you will have left an open circuit on the global tamper loop and an open circuit on the alarm loop. Also, Im surprised that other sensors in your system would still be working, as cutting the wire direct, would normall blow the Aux Power fuse...

To correct all this, you will need to get a local alarm company in to rewire the tamper loop in the main control box, and to remove the zone that your sensor was on.

A much similar solution would be to just get a magnetic reed switch (door contacts) fitted on to the wire you cut, and all will be working again. But you must know how to do this, and what wire goes where. Again, best to call your local alarm company...

:fyi:

Moral of the story - dont cut any wires :ph34r:

& get you battery changed more often!

Also - when you cut the wire, I take it that alarm went off? If it didn't then there is definatly something wrong with the wiring of your system!

Warren

Red Fox | Hosting

Affordable and Reliable UK Based Web Hosting

:mellow: I've just got the user guide off the net and i can now set the alarm if i omit the zone in question but when l try to change the code i.e by entering my old code and pressing prog, it comes back with a 'Not a chance tone' and won't let me. Do I need to call out a local alarm company to reset and reprogram it and how much do these guys usually charge. Also will they be able to supply a new battery or should l get one myself from maplins?

Hi There,

The "Not A Chance Tone" is becuase you are entering a user code, and tryin to program - when you need to enter the engineer code...

I doubt if you will have this...

Therefore, you will need to get an alarm company in - they will be able to fix eveything, including the battery...

Price depends on where you are...

Warren

Red Fox | Hosting

Affordable and Reliable UK Based Web Hosting

:D nuts. Thanks anyway. I've just got the installation manual off the web too, should l try to do it myself or will l just balls it up even more. I'm in wigan by the way.

i would do as waza has said its best you get a local alarm company in as they are the proffesionals and will know what they are doing. if you try it yourself the chances are you will more than likely balls it up even more.you should change the battery every 3 to 5 yrs by the way. hope it all goes well

pete B)

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Unreal. I can't believe you live in Wigan too. How can I contact you warren and do you think you can sort this out for me next week sometime. :D

Archived