Security Installer Community

Optima Xl4 Help / Manual Required

Guest eichler

Guest eichler

Hi

I've moved into a house and it has an ancient looking optima xl4 alarm installed. The alarm works fine and I know the code. The only problem is that the alarm goes off as soon as you enter the house. There is no entry time so i can get to the panel to deactivate it.

Can anyone send me a manual which tells me how to do this? I have the user manual which tells me little more than how to change the user code.

Any help would be great - I cant afford to call an engineer round to get it sorted.

Many thanks

J

The information you require to fix this problem is in the engineering manual, and thus cannot be given out in the forum as it breaks the forum rules. If you know who originally fitted the system they may be able to give you the required "engineering" code to allow you into the programming to alter this but I very much doubt they will give you this code, sorry I can't be of any more help.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Are you entering by the correct door ?.

The xl4 has fixed zones , so you would have to enter via zone 1 .What shows on the display when you trigger the alarm on entry?.

If you do a walk test , and make a zone list , which ever door is on zone 1 is your exit / entry route.

Archived