Security Installer Community

Dvr Losing 5 Minutes A Day On Clock

jizzer

I had an issue at work, we changed our crystal supplier and got a lot of problems with out-of-frequency crystals. There are different types of crystals (parallel resonnant and series resonnant) and using a crystal in the mode it hasn't been manufactured for may result in a small frequency drift. I don't know if it's your problem but it's a possibility.

If your DVR system is new and has presented this behavior since it has been installed I suggest calling the technical support of the company that manufacture it.

If you have access to the PCB and to a decent calibrated oscilloscope or to a frequency counter, you may want to check the frequency of all the oscillators of the PCB and compare the actual frequency with the one specified on the marking on the component. You could send me some pics of the PCB and I could tell you where to check.

uski

I had an issue at work, we changed our crystal supplier and got a lot of problems with out-of-frequency crystals. There are different types of crystals (parallel resonnant and series resonnant) and using a crystal in the mode it hasn't been manufactured for may result in a small frequency drift. I don't know if it's your problem but it's a possibility.

If your DVR system is new and has presented this behavior since it has been installed I suggest calling the technical support of the company that manufacture it.

If you have access to the PCB and to a decent calibrated oscilloscope or to a frequency counter, you may want to check the frequency of all the oscillators of the PCB and compare the actual frequency with the one specified on the marking on the component. You could send me some pics of the PCB and I could tell you where to check.

uski

Thanks for the offer but I dont get into componet fault finding at that level!!

Probably give the tech support a call but I do appreciate the time and info given :yes:

Archived