Security Installer Community

Ampac

Can anyone help out with software for the Ampac Firefinder panel. I have tried registering on their website but I have not heard anything back Thanks. :hmm:

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Can anyone help out with software for the Ampac Firefinder panel. I have tried registering on their website but I have not heard anything back Thanks. :hmm:

Pm Me i have the software you require

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Just a little warning about this Ampac question:

Ampac intorduced panels to the European market with an operating software known as Version 4.

They have recently introduced a new operating software; Version 6.

The configuaration (programming) software is available in both V4 and V6 formats.

V4 configuration software won't work with V6 operating software and visa versa.

Also the Ampac configuration software is not the easiest configuration software to use, but it has lots of very clever facilities and functions.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice. Have now got both versions and just checked them out on the laptop.

Version 6 I can create a new project but version 4 doesn`t let me create a new project is this right as I haven`t tried this out on site yet.

Peter Robinson

Freelance

Thanks for the advice. Have now got both versions and just checked them out on the laptop.

Version 6 I can create a new project but version 4 doesn`t let me create a new project is this right as I haven`t tried this out on site yet.

A new project can be started by clicking FILE and then NEW or by clicking the icon on the far left of the top bar that looks like a sheet of paper.

Configurations must first be VERIFIED then COMPILED and the configuration saved as .dat file.

Uploading is done through the TRANSFER window and it is important to remember to enter the PC command after loading the .dat file

If 'gobbledygook' is seen in the TRANSFER window during upload etc. it is due to the wrong Baud speed setting during transmission.

I would strongly recommend getting training on Ampac Config. software before trying to use it. Sam Cresswell at Ampac Europe should be able to help you.

A new project can be started by clicking FILE and then NEW or by clicking the icon on the far left of the top bar that looks like a sheet of paper.

Configurations must first be VERIFIED then COMPILED and the configuration saved as .dat file.

Uploading is done through the TRANSFER window and it is important to remember to enter the PC command after loading the .dat file

If 'gobbledygook' is seen in the TRANSFER window during upload etc. it is due to the wrong Baud speed setting during transmission.

I would strongly recommend getting training on Ampac Config. software before trying to use it. Sam Cresswell at Ampac Europe should be able to help you.

Thanks sass I spoke Sam Cresswell and Dennis at Ampac and are now arranging for training they were both very helpful. Thanks again :)

Peter Robinson

Freelance

Archived