Security Installer Community

Gjd Lighting

WatchdogSecurity

Guys

Ive swapped my 2 emerald zone for a 4 zone solitiare, but this doesnt come with a backback and the wires are all plaster in behind, Anyone know where i can get the backboxes that come with the emerald/sapphire, the ones with the cable grips made of polyprop, obviously without the controller stuck in the back ? Just to add my Dads having the 2 zone hence me not having that one to use. Ive bought other backboxes but the screw holes dont line up.

My last resort is to buy the polyprop. Ega type backboxes but without the 20mm knockouts, at least you can drill those. Emailed GJD just waiting for a reply.

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

I've just tried my 4 Zone Solitaire controller on a couple of back boxes and it fits perfectly onto a standard 2 gang surface patress or metal box. I always thought GJD made their own boxes? If worst comes to worst, you could plaster up the hole and just screw the controller to the surface I suppose, although I'd be surprised if GJD could'nt retail you an empty expansion unit box.

Trade Member

I've just tried my 4 Zone Solitaire controller on a couple of back boxes and it fits perfectly onto a standard 2 gang surface patress or metal box. I always thought GJD made their own boxes? If worst comes to worst, you could plaster up the hole and just screw the controller to the surface I suppose, although I'd be surprised if GJD could'nt retail you an empty expansion unit box.

Hi antinode, prehaps i was clear, i had a Emerald which comes with a backbox and thats fitted now, with all the wires plaster behind the backbox. The trouble now with the solitaire it doesnt come with a backbox, and all the backboxes ive tried dont line up with the screw holes which attach the backbox to the wall (not the fasica) so i dont want to start drilling extra holes incvase i catch any wires which would be a nightmare to sort out.

Couldn't you just drill some new fixing holes in the backbox then?

The mica ones seem to shatter or the screw holes are just out, making it hard to drill, , it may be i have to go and get a polyprop one. just wondered if anyone knew if they were sold seperately.

My last resort is to buy the polyprop. Ega type backboxes but without the 20mm knockouts, at least you can drill those. Emailed GJD just waiting for a reply.

just re-read your post, like you say get a plain 2g surface molded box ;)

Guest G.J.M
just re-read your post, like you say get a plain 2g surface molded box ;)

agree -i would use a deeper than standard one.

agree -i would use a deeper than standard one.

the solitaire doesnt need a deep one as it doesnt hold the transformer or relays, all this is in the expansion units. slimish one will do for the solitaire.

Archived