Security Installer Community

Control Panel And Remote Monitoring

DRC

Can anyone help me with a problem interfacing Gardtec 816 with Gardtec Remote.

I have the installed/registered software and the patch lead to the panel. The comms appears to be OK, but I get an error message that the Panel Verison(v7.1) does not match the version on Gardtec remote(v5.7). The Gardtec remote software manual indicates that updates data is available from www.gadiner-technology.com, this re-routes to gardtec.co.uk, but I can't find the data files on the site. Its not on the CD's supplied. There seem to be minor differences between the manuals and the software options on the PC and Panel, is this because I've a mis match between the panel and PC?

Does anyone know where the data files are?

Anyone else had trouble with this interfacing and can advise on a few do's and dont's?

Your software is out of date or you have selected the wrong version in GardTec remote.

Either get in touch with your GardTec rep for an updated copy of the software or select the right version in GardTec Remote.

Guest rjbsec

www.gardtec.co.uk > Downloads > Remote

Scroll down until you see:-

post-775-1152358101_thumb.jpg

Click on the link.

Personally I don't find it the most user friendly software.

Panel version 7.1 - are you sure?

Swapped a panel out last week, that was version 7.1, set up the dig and phoned the office to upload customer details, only to find that they didn't have the option to do a full upload. (Button grayed out)

After talking to their tech dept. turns out you can only upload 1 item at a time, and then only if it's been altered - apperently they've disabled the full upload to version 7.1 - why?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all for their useful comments and suggestions. Problem solved. Remote software was latest (V2.15), Panel version was V7.1 and is now apparently up to V8.0. I has simply failed to set Comms to ON at the panel end. Lack of familiarity with the plentiful choice settings. Once this oversight discovered I managed to sucessfully link panel to PC and to exchange data between the two.

As regards qustion raised about trade or not. I was just simply upgrading my own domestic system and rather than ploughing through all the options I was looking for a simple short cut using the PC/Software. Sadly not trade, never quite had the determination to go it alone. Did spend several years in electronics design, back in the days when the major installers all had their own in house designs, but those days long gone. Discete components and simple logic gates have all been replaced with CPU's and Surface Mount Technology etc ... I could go on but ...

Archived