Security Installer Community

Ts500 At My New House

Guest Lanthanein

Guest Lanthanein

Hi :)

I have just moved into a property that has a TS500 alarm fitted, the property was empty for some time and the previous occupier did not leave the alarm code. I have tried all sorts of things to be able to set the alarm when I go out but everything I try sets the bell ringing. The latest thing I am trying is to leave it unplugged with the back up battery removed to see if this resets the factory defaults. Is there any way I can do this using the keypad? On the internal lable it says the engineer passcode is 1234 and the user 1 passcode is 5678. If I can restore factory defaults how could I change these to my own codes? Thankyou in advance for any suggestions. :)

Guest Alarm Guard
The latest thing I am trying is to leave it unplugged

:fear: If your alarm is just plugged in to a socket as your posting implies, then it must be a very poorly installed job.

I would therefore suspect that it has been fitted without any regard to regulations and so I would presume that it could be an electrocution or fire risk.

It should be checked by a competent person.

Paul

leave it unplugged

:fear::banned: If your alarm is powered by a plug then i can imagine the state of the rest of it. For your own safety, leave it down powered and call a proper alarm engineer in your area.

see if this resets the factory defaults

Is there any way I can do this using the keypad?

Defaulting information CANNOT be given out on this forum to public users, this is clearly stated in the rules of the board which were supposed to be read BEFORE you posted.

Either way, you need an engineer if you wish to start using the system and to also ensure for your safety that the installation isnt a hazzard.

Either look in the yellow pages or post your location here and one of the engineers on this board may be near you :yes:

Regards,

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Archived