Security Installer Community

Home Automation System

Guest festive

Guest festive

Hi, been doing a bit of reading on here before i post. Not found much in the way of home automation, maybe i haven't looked hard enough.

Would like to use a texecom system that i can link into my home automation system, eg arm the alarm and perhaps zones, just status etc via a web interface. Can you integrate the texecom control panels with a pc?

Otherwise can u recommend a system please.

many thanks

Hi, been doing a bit of reading on here before i post. Not found much in the way of home automation, maybe i haven't looked hard enough.

Would like to use a texecom system that i can link into my home automation system, eg arm the alarm and perhaps zones, just status etc via a web interface. Can you integrate the texecom control panels with a pc?

Otherwise can u recommend a system please.

many thanks

Not sure about the Texecom gear, but you can monitor the Galaxy panels from a PC with an RS232 module, although you might have problems getting hold of the kit. You could use a relay from the home automation system to trigger a keyswitch zone on the alarm panel fo setting/unsetting purposes. If I were you, I'd keep the systems seperate.

Trade Member

The Texecom Premier range ( 48 upwards ) can be connected to the crestron home automation system, and yes you can connect the panel to a pc using usb,serial,ip,or gsm. The software is far superior to galaxy gold/remote servicing suite, and a damn sight quicker, plus the software's free.

Can also control X10 devices with no addiotional modules.

Guest ALSEC

If you can afford Crestron stuff then you could probably pay someone to stand by the panel 24/7 and arm/disarm the system for you..

Guest heliart

It was my intention do have my Texecom Premier 88 linked into my home web server using the Texecom COMIP module. With COMIP, you can point a web browser at it's IP address and you'll get an example web page up, and it all looks very promising.

Now, the IP module works great, but Texecom tell me that the current COMIP has some technical limitations, so they will not develop it further, so if you want web based access to their system, you would either have to run Wintex on a host machine somewhere, or have Wintex integrated into your web server, both of these options are a little painful.

I understand there will be a new module next year that will have better/and indeed supported features.

If you can afford Crestron stuff then you could probably pay someone to stand by the panel 24/7 and arm/disarm the system for you..

Or better yet!.. Install it into a Caddy Escalade, like we did at SQ Plus for a customer! :D

Archived