Security Installer Community

Security Check

Do you know I have been in the industry for close on 13 years now, I have dealt with banks, police, government institutions across the EMEA and to my knowledge I have never been 'Security checked'.

Well I have now been asked for the first time and no-one here has a clue how to go about this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I can not proceed with a very large project until this has happened.

Thanks

Robin

The company you are working for will usually set up a security check before taking you on.

Im not to sure on how it stands but i do know they require your signature to do a check ;)

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

you should be screened to BS 7858 if your working for nsi / ssaib firm even if your subing?

need to be screened? eqm (for a fee)

or just a pnc? send of appendix c of acpo alarms thing to local flith!!!

Thanks guys

I have always been in the manufacturing / distribution side but I have worked with some of the big boys (Bell/ Gyyr) and I am sure I have never been checked (I do of course have nothing to hide :fear: ). I am often called to site for demonstrations and am often given plans/ blueprints of sensitive sites for specification purposes.

Do you think these commercially available screening services like eqm will suffice for government purposes or do you think they will specify their own? (I guess I'm just trying to find a way to avoid looking silly by asking them)

Once you have been checked how often does this need updating?

cheers

Robin

otherwise you could end up with illegal immigrants working in the home office.....

:roflmao: That sounds about right

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Archived