Security Installer Community

C&K Securitech Bell Box

Guest Rocky

I've been working on a C&K Securitech bell box.

The bell box was connected to an Accenta 8 control panel.

I dropped the front panel off, released the anti-tamper device (micro-switch) and no bells?

The control panel was in Engineering Mode throuhout.

I'm baffled by whether or not bell boxes should go into bells if tampered with.

All I can tell you about the bell box in question is it's very slimline in design, almost rectangular in shape, has a blue coloured strobe lens visible on top and bottom (although there is only one strobe light fitted behind the lower lens) and the front cover comes off in two pieces (the outermost layer is the centre panel of the bell box and the layer underneath it is the blue-coloured lens, of which covers the whole of the bell box).

There are five connection terminals (TR-, S-, V+, V- and ST-) and five on-board jumpers (STROBE, TONE, TIME, TEST and BATT).

The PCB has 'C&k Securitech 1998' printed on it.

Can anyone supply me with any technical info or point me in the right direction, I have tried trawling the Internet but so far nothing.

the bell should sound if you take cover off normally.(thats why they,re called S.A.B.- self actuating bell)

possible reasons for not:

1) on board battery not connected

2) -ve and -return connected wrong way around

3) you may need to fit a diode to -return to prevent backfeed holding battery off

if you take +ve wire out does bell sound then?

if you remove cover whilst in "day" mode does internal alarm activate?

there is another posting elsewhere in the forum with a similar problem i think

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

the bell should sound if you take cover off normally.(thats why they,re called S.A.B.- self actuating bell)

possible reasons for not:

1) on board battery not connected

2) -ve and -return connected wrong way around

3) you may need to fit a diode to -return to prevent backfeed holding battery off

if you take +ve wire out does bell sound then?

if you remove cover whilst in "day" mode does internal alarm activate?

there is another posting elsewhere in the forum with a similar problem i think

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for your response.

1) The battery was a Ni-Cad soldered directly onto the PCB.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by -ve and -return (the terminals were TR-, S-, V+, V- and ST-).

3) I understood the "diode in the tamper return" modification to be only applicable to Galaxy control panels, does the backfeed problem exist with other panels?

I disconnected the +ve wire (red to V+) and yes, the bell did sound.

No, I didn't try the panel in 'day' mode, so I can't say.

I've got to say, the more bell boxes I tamper, the more problems I find. I just can't get my head around it all. It seems the simplest of concepts but yet time and time again, no bells.

I tampered a Gardiner bell box on a Galaxy 60 today and no bells. I fitted the diode in the tamper return circuit and still no bells. I dropped the tamper switch off (to ensure it wasn't permanently closed) and still no bells.

I've been told to wire the -ve supply circuit through the tamper switch, thus forcing the bell to ring from the battery, and although it works, it's wholly reliant on the battery being up to the job and it's getting around a problem rather than correcting it.

Archived