Security Installer Community

Aritech Alarm

Guest devetaki

Guest devetaki

Have just moved house and have an Aritech (don't know exact model) alarm system. Previous owners gave us the code but when we try to set the alarm the message "cabinet tamper" appears and the alarm will not set. I don't know who the alarm was bought from so I don't know who to contact. I did try one company in Belfast who quoted me £80 + £50 per hour fee to sort out. Can anyone help!! :angry:

Make sure the lid is on properley to the main panel.

Failing that open the lid and on the circuit board there will be a label that will say what the model number is.

Or post a picture of the keypad and the circuit board inside the panel.

Ask a smaller installer to look at it and get them to maintain it to, you will save money in the long run that way.

Colin.

Guest devetaki
:angry: Model is Aritech CS350. When trying to set the alarm getting message Open Zones - tamper. Am unable to set the alarm. Checked the cover of the alarm and it is fitted securely. Don't know what else to check. No manuals or user documentation for the alarm. Help!!

You will need to check all the zones for a fault- pirs, contacts etc.

The system may also be programmed as engineer reset, is there a telephone line connected to it?

Why don't you call the company that fitted it, or get a local installer in, he will fix it quickly and event if it costs you £130 its still cheaper than fitting a new system. Not sure of the rates in Ireland but i would reckon it will cost you about £45-65 to have it fixed assuming it needs no parts.

Colin.

Guest dun_that

pressing down arrow key while unset will show open zones, inside lid is connextion diagramme. bell tamper and aux tamper display as panel tamper, remove each in turn, bell tamper requires 4k7 resistor across it, aux tamper is just a link. do each in turn and see if it clears, obviously make sure 100% that lid tamper is closed or masked, as its a spring it has nasty habbit of closing then slipping off. good luck

Archived