Security Installer Community

Disconnecting Mains & Battery Without Sounder Activating

Guest shrike

Guest shrike

I have a C&K Securit 800L+ alarm system that I installed about 4 years ago.

I need to relocate a sensor, and so want to completely power down the system. I have entered engineer mode and have disconnected the mains power supply, however when I disconnect the battery it triggers the sounder.

I have contacted the company I purchased the system from (Alert Electrical) but they don't know why this is happening so have given me the phone number for the manufacturers tech support. C&K have been taken over by Honeywell, and when I spoke to someone in their tech support department he hadn't heard of the 800L and couldn't find any details on their database.

Can anyone please advise if there is a way I can remove all power without triggering the alarm?

Many thanks.

p.s. if this type of information can't be given out on the public forums, please PM or email me.

however when I disconnect the battery it triggers the sounder.

but they don't know why this is happening so have given me the phone number for the manufacturers tech support.

:hmm: Thought that was very obvious what is happening :whistle:

when I spoke to someone in their tech support department he hadn't heard of the 800L and couldn't find any details on their database.

:fear: Scary, agreed, it is a wonder how they dont know anything about the stuff they sell.

Agreed with you Peter. You need an engineer who knows what they are doing to come and do the work for you. Whilst they are there they should be able to offer you a service, since its about 4 years old, i would say it needs one by now. B)

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Archived