Security Installer Community

Preventing Accidental Chime Turn Off

There is the provision there to leave them on, in the same way there is provision there to leave your TV turned on.

Manufacturers can't help with user error.

Yeah tell me about it, the words User and Error always seem to go hand in hand lol.

Not blaming the manufacturer just saying it would be usefull if it was possible to do.

Are you sure you aren't worrying about a problemn that doesn't really exist?

I was beinging to wonder this :hmm:

Most users of the keypad will most likely only push the buttons needed to do the task they are intending. Can you not just inform everyone that the button is not to be pushed, although i think that is a bit drastic, i would just leave it as it is.

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

program custom output 1a to

1. AREA: Armed: Inverted

2. Never Active

3. Never Active: Inverted

4. Never Active: Inverted

Assign the area the autochime option

then chime should work all the time the Area is NOT Armed

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Sort of resolved this one now. As Texecom said there is no way to program chime to be on all the time for some strange reason, yet you can program it to turn chime on every time an area is unarmed??? No idea why that way round but it's better than nothing.

Here goes for anyone else with the same issue...

Areas->Options->Auto Chime(custom output 2A) select the areas you want to chime all the time.

Outputs->Custom Output 2-> 1 = select areas required, inverted, 21armed. 2 = not used. 3 = not used, inverted. 4 = not used, inverted.

Now every time you disarm an area selected in output2 option 1, the panel will auto enable chime for all areas set in Auto Chime(custom output 2A).

At least if a user turns chime off then it will be turned back on the next time the system is unarmed!

PM me if it doesn't make sense and I can explain.

Outputs->Custom Output 2-> 1 = select areas required, inverted, 21armed. 2 = not used. 3 = not used, inverted. 4 = not used, inverted.

Isnt this exactly what breff said :whistle::P

Glad you got it sorted mate. ;)

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Isnt this exactly what breff said :whistle::P

Glad you got it sorted mate. ;)

Ranger

:)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Sort of resolved this one now.

yer but nearly a week ago.......

you can set an area up to auto chime when custom output a is on(see area options)

but its probably less hassle just rig a buzzer up as zone follow??

& a hint to read the right page.....

auto chime page 44 :whistle: then you've got to sort out the custom output?

is my signature spot on????

program custom output 1a to

1. AREA: Armed: Inverted

2. Never Active

3. Never Active: Inverted

4. Never Active: Inverted

Assign the area the autochime option

then chime should work all the time the Area is NOT Armed

Breff, not so smug mate, any idea how many times i tried programming custom output "1A"... To then discover it's actually output 2A! LOL :whistle:

Mr Happy, help was appreciated, week before my aim was to have a permanent chime and custom output doesn't do that. I've finally had to compromise in the end. I just thought it polite to put the solution at the end so anyone following the topic could see it.

And to comment on worrying about a problem that doesn't exist, I already had a call saying the chime wasn't working one afternoon... She'd turned it off pressing button by mistake. Guess I should have disabled the button at the keypad after all :lol:

It is a problem that doesn't exist. User error means the user needs training, not hashing bits together (or ripping buttons off) to make it work for them.

If the customer rung up and said they went downstairs at night and forgot to unset the alarm and they'd like it so it automatically unsets when they come downstairs but not if a burglar comes in would you then be looking for ways to embed prox tags into the householders person with the aid of surgery?

Archived