Security Installer Community

Preventing Accidental Chime Turn Off

Don't think so - I've been looking for the same feature...

I'm currently considering opening the control pad and putting a bit of tape over the 'Chime' key contact :-) (I don't think it's used for anything else, is it?)

Alternatively, on the 48, can't you use a timer to enable chime at certain times? Maybe that could be coerced into keeping it on a lot?

you can set an area up to auto chime when custom output a is on(see area options)

but its probably less hassle just rig a buzzer up as zone follow??

At present I'm with Andrew, disabling the button on the keypads if all else fails.

The chime button isn't just for chime, dependent on which area of programming you are in.

Leave the keypad alone and do as Mr H said, output set to follow a zone.

Have tried programming users, that stops them turning chime off in programming menus but anyone can press the hime button without needing a user code. As for programming needing the chime key, all my programming is via Wintex software so not an issue for me. Am going to try texecom cust support for the answer too. Will let you know what they say.

Most panels have the abilty to set up a button (usually the set button obviously) that you can just press on its own to set the system without the need to enter your pin code.

On some panels you can set up if you only want part set to be single button setting ext.

Regards,

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Archived