Security Installer Community

Wiring Texecom Smoke Detectors

I'm about to connect up my 2 Texecom Exodus smoke and heat detectors to my premier 48 panel. Just a couple of questions tho.

Firstly my panel is wired using eol resistors. Should I also do this with the smoke detectors or just use normal power/alarm/tamper connections?

And should I be using Latching or not, and what are the reasons and/or benefits please?

Guest Alarm Guard

Smartest thing would be double end of line.

Best if they are on seperate zones.

Non-latching is my preference. If they are on seperate zones, there is no need for them to latch.

Paul

I'm about to connect up my 2 Texecom Exodus smoke and heat detectors to my premier 48 panel. Just a couple of questions tho.

Firstly my panel is wired using eol resistors. Should I also do this with the smoke detectors or just use normal power/alarm/tamper connections?

And should I be using Latching or not, and what are the reasons and/or benefits please?

First question, it's completely up to you. If you can mix DP and EOL on your panel, do whatever suits you.

Secondly, unless they are both going on the same zone, I would'nt use the latch. If one of them latches open, they will not signal any further alarms until the panel has been fully reset.

Trade Member

Smartest thing would be double end of line.

Best if they are on seperate zones.

Non-latching is my preference. If they are on seperate zones, there is no need for them to latch.

Paul

Ok then, they're non-latching and they will each be on their own zone nominated as a fire zone. I've 8 zones free in the panel for fire etc as the house and outbuildings each have their own expander.

Only thing, what do you mean by "double" end of line?

Guest Alarm Guard
Ok then, they're non-latching and they will each be on their own zone nominated as a fire zone. I've 8 zones free in the panel for fire etc as the house and outbuildings each have their own expander.

Only thing, what do you mean by "double" end of line?

Using 2 resistors... I think the 48 can only be wired this way.

Single end of line (1 resistor) is an option with some panels.

cheers guys, sorted them. Wired using double eol. Initial problem then was that wiring the resistors in the base ring to the terminals resulted in a fire alarm if the detector head was removed rather than a tamper. The solution... Open up the detector head and fit the resistors inside it. Now when I remove the head it tampers, but when I test it alarms. Spot on!

anyone ever used the 2-wire option for these fire detectors or with the Premier series? Now we dont do any fire panels or anything so I have no idea how it works or whether this turns them into 24V sensors or what?! anyone any ideas?!

Trade Member

Archived