Security Installer Community

9448+

Guest markroberts01

Guest markroberts01

I have a 9448+ and foolishly cut through a wire in the loft. The alram sounded for almost 20 minutes and the tamper light has remained on. The cable was reconnected but the tamper light remains on. I can no longer use the alarm due to this function.

Please help, I am really stuck.

I look forward to hearing any suggestions.

Guest chapmanpi

Mark

Have you had the panel open?

If so there is a tamper switch in the control panel near the top. Push this switch.

I had a similar problem and reset the factory settings only to find that the tamper was still active due to this switch being open!! :rolleyes:

Let me know how you get on

All the best

B) I have found on these panels when you close the lid it can sometimes catch on the top right side, and not close properly, thus the tamper spring dose not close,and you still have a tamper.

If this dosnt work put a staple in the tamper circuit and close the panel lid then try reseting (by using your user code) if it does not go back to normal its possible that the repair to the damaged section of cable will need looking at again.

(Are all your fuses ok?)

Adrian B)

Guest markroberts01

:)cheers guys, I really appreciate your help. One of the fuses had blown, when I replaced it all was well. Thanks very much for your assistance. My home is now safe once again.

Thanks again.

Mark Roberts

Archived