Security Installer Community

Accenta 6 Tamper

Guest tony5436work

Guest tony5436work

Hi, Just wondering if someone on here can help me before I go insane!

I have a accenta 6 (about 5 years old), after having to turn off the mains and switch back on the system accepted my PIN and everything went back to normal.. Until I went to set the alarm and half way though setting the alarm sounds and the tamper light comes on, Entering Pin disables again

I can press reset and goes back to normal - but if I press the PROG button the alarm automatically goes off again! :( I feel like I am going round in circles - I have read other people similar accounts, so I have made a link across the 2 terminals to clear the NVM and tried reset, but no avail :wacko:

Could this be as simple as the battery as discussed in other threads (altho if I disconnect the battery and the external siren this still happens!!!)

Can anyone shine any light onto this.... :o

Tony

Guest tony5436work

Hello - thanks for your reply

I will check out the tamper spring next - I do have a spare keypad which I can try also - the main problem seems to be that when the system is in day mode and all fine, I press PROG and the alarm goes off with a quick flash off all zones and the tamper light comes on, I only know a little bit about alarm but this is now drivin me crazy as what it could be, anyone else any ideas? Great site

If you have had the system for five years and have never changed the panel battery, then this would be a good place to start. Especially if the fault only occured after you switched the power off.

Colin.

Guest tony5436work

Hi, I have now replaced the battery with a new one from Maplin, and also changed the remote keypad incase of the tamper on this - still no luck - one other thing I meant to mention was that if you go and set the alarm as normal it will set fine and then after a certain amount of time it automatically trips the tamper :angry: , I cant really afford to change the system, anyone? :unsure:

Guest tony5436work

Hi, I have removed the cables and reinstated the links - and it fired up fine (with tampers in place) singled the fault down to a loose cable going to the bell box - all sorted now, thanks for your help, great site :rolleyes:

Archived