Security Installer Community

Distributed Computing Anyone

Gopher

Anyone run or have ran any piece of software that did downloaded a work unit, did the required work on it, reported back to a server the result, got a new work unit and carried on...

Case in point the now retired project "Seti @ Home" the classic one being the really cool screensaver version (that unless you had a really fast computer with good graphics card took for ever to do a unit - case in point: My first Unit: 80hrs on a ye olde P150 with I think a 1mb no-namer graphics card)

There are numerous projects out there worthy of the useage of your pc's idle time..

for a good list of current / retired projects I'd suggest you head to my team's Forum "here". It has a good list of projects both old, new, good and also the few to avoid. It's worth a visit good bunch of guys and girls over there

Me I've ran like I said:

Now Retired :Seti @ Home, Distributed Folding(DF).

Current: Drug Distribution optimisation Lab (D2oL), Folding at Home (F@H).

Attempt to run: the Boinc client ( it just sat there doing nought and it a had project to work on ), Climate Prediction & a few others.

So have you or is this all "too geek" to you.. (sorry bad pun)

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

So have you or is this all "too geek" to you.. (sorry bad pun)

sorry mate i point & click with a mouse that as tech as i get........

& hunter of the obsucre alarm manuals

what you've bagged thats rare then?

just got this mental picture of a guy with blunderbuss chasing an old munford & white panel or posing proudly for pictures with foot victoriously on itec horizon..... pith helmet under arm

Anyone run or have ran any piece of software that did downloaded a work unit, did the required work on it, reported back to a server the result, got a new work unit and carried on...

I'm a member of GIMPS, which I see is in your list.

Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search for those that wondered. :yes:

Get lots of Gimps on here!

Lol, saying no more on that subject but I think someone's watch "A Clockwork Orange" too often ;)

just got this mental picture of a guy with blunderbuss chasing an old munford & white panel or posing proudly for pictures with foot victoriously on itec horizon..... pith helmet under arm

Obscure as in like 15+ yrs old type panels, only seen a few diplomats to be honest, maybe a few strange ones but that obsolete.

amateurandy :) - cool, not tried gimps but I do know people that run it ;)

All I have to say is are you part of a team or flying solo, either way is great ;).

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived