Security Installer Community

Wireless systems?

jonnyboy

has anyone on here used or can reccomend a wireless system? The company I work for dont use them at all so I dont have any experience with them.

Its for my own house, I just dont want the hassle and mess of running cables particularly downstairs (Its a new house which doesnt make it easy either.

Are there any really good wireless manufacturers or perhaps wireless sensors you can get hold of?

This a subject thats been debated loads of time here. Do a search on Wireless systems and see what people think.

Best advice fit a wired system, if you dont want the hastle and mess of installing wiring GET A PROFFESIONAL INSTALLER IN as we are doing this sort of thing all day every day and you will be suprised at how much if not all of the cable can be hidden in a new house.

Get three quotes from local companies, have a drive round and see who the prominent installers are in the area and remember you can get just as good a job/service from a small company or better as you would would using a large company.

Colin.

Guest Peter James

I agree with Colin we have used all the recent wireless products that are supposed to be so good, and the are nothing but hassle even when you get the manufacture to come out and sort it for you(which we did once ) your much better of with hard wired.

Pete :)

lol I am an engineer :) Just find it hard to get the time to be running cables, it cant be done without making some degree of mess, I thought I might be able to save some time by fitting a good quality wireless system. Suppose I'll just have to pull my finger out won't I?

You may save some time by fitting a wireless system but when they go wrong (and they do/will) they take a lot more time to daignose and fix and a whole lot more expensive!! ;)

stick to hard wired is my advice - maybe in another 10 years the wireless one will be better but i doubt it :P

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Affinity

I agree with Colin Do a search on here there are some good replies to the feedback I requested on wireless systems on the CQR forum

Linda

Archived