Security Installer Community

Arming/disarming Modes

Have installed an office suite with a Premier 88.To save wear and tear on the keypad,I intend fitting an arming button to instant arm the panel and use the swipecard access control system to provide a momentary contact to disable the alarm. To do this, do I just set up a zone with zone type momentary and attribute instant for arming the panel, and another zone with zone type momentary and attribute disarm only for disarming the panel.

The theory behind this, is that no codes should be needed as only people with legitimate swipecard access will be able to disarm the alarm.

Providing the access cards conform to the required amount of differs for the grade of the system and the button is internal to the protected premises, they're shouldn't be a problem. I may be wrong though?

It will work, wether it's allowed though... I'm not too sure.

A proximity keypad and fobs may have been a better way?

If you don't know......ask.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Castellan

Hi

No problem with the unsetting - but the setting does not appear to comply with current standards.

prEN50131-1:2004 clause 8.3.4 refers to setting by "an authorised action" - which implies that the user can identify himself as having authorised status at level 2 or above.

The same clause goes on to allow a concession that setting may be carried out by any authorised user with the equivalent of a grade 1 code (ie 3-digit) regardless of actual system grade.

A single digit code - or independent push button would not comply with this.

Have installed an office suite with a Premier 88.To save wear and tear on the keypad,I intend fitting an arming button to instant arm the panel and use the swipecard access control system to provide a momentary contact to disable the alarm.

wear & tear??? get prox rkp's???

if fact get a proper alarm company in :P

By the sounds of if we can unset the alarm by fiddling with your door access :ninja:

Archived