Security Installer Community

Galaxy 16 And Wireless Add On. Is It Possible?

Guest nigelbt

Guest nigelbt

hi guys stab in the dark here but i will be having a garage built in the future and for a few reasons such as ripping up patio or flying wires i am interested as to whether there is any way of adding a wireless pir/contact to a galaxy 16 plus system i have , i would just like to keep things as neat as possible providing its not too expensive, thanks.

Scantronic make some wireless stuff suitable for such a task. I've got a 4612 reciever near the panel wired into a spare zone on a seperate group, and a 4603 transmitter in the shed with a couple of detectors wired into that and it works like a charm. The 9603 has it's own battery built in so it'll work with one or two contacts fine.

Also, Visonic make the Powercode stuff, which is exactly the same, but I don't like it as much as the Scanny stuff. It's a bit harder to learn new transmitters into the system.

Will you have power at the garage?

Trade Member

Guest nigelbt
Are you not running power out to this garage then?

power already there it is where an old workshed is standing (just).

Scantronic make some wireless stuff suitable for such a task. I've got a 4612 reciever near the panel wired into a spare zone on a seperate group, and a 4603 transmitter in the shed with a couple of detectors wired into that and it works like a charm. The 9603 has it's own battery built in so it'll work with one or two contacts fine.

Also, Visonic make the Powercode stuff, which is exactly the same, but I don't like it as much as the Scanny stuff. It's a bit harder to learn new transmitters into the system.

Will you have power at the garage?

thanks i will look into these happy now as thought this may not be possible. :)

Archived