Security Installer Community

Setting Up A Security Guard Company!? Anyone Have Any Experience

Guest Easom

Guest Easom

Dear All,

I have recently been made aware of a very nice guarding contract that is coming up for grabs and I require some information. Im currently working in the Alarm & CCTV trade within the Midlands and we would like to setup a sister company whereby we can offer Security Gatehouse Guarding as a side line.

Since this oppotunity has arisen I have been researching the costs & qualifications required to get this underway.

Now if I was to setup a guarding company and simply register my self as a Non Front Line SIA operative (which I believe to be

Good luck mate that line of business is very cut throat your best bet would be to speak to the BSIA BSIA as they will be able to guide you through the thorny bushes. I haven't been in that side of the industry for 9 years so am quite rusty as regards to static guarding.

The license for three years is basic for static gaurding only if your officers are operating a CCTV system that looks over a public place then they need a cctv operators license and if you are going in to keyholding and alarm response you need a license for that as well. You should do site visits to a site in my opinion once every week also you can change this from time to time to check up on the officers. Also officers safety is number one priority dependant upon the site 1 or 2 hours check in between ten to and ten past you should also carry out a risk assesment sheet of the site for all security officers as all sites vary for example uneven surfaces could say take care whilst walking. Lighting carry and use your torch in dark areas always wear your hi-Viz vest whilst on patrol. Intruders do not approach observ from distance and inform police. There also should be a set of site instructions of when patrols should be carried out and when areas should be patrolled. Your officers should be spot checked on uniform as the first person the client sees is the security officer on duty. Also spot checks on the officers area eg clean and tidy and general health and safety also make sure other equipment is on site like torches and other aids like stab vests if needed due to the site. Main thing is treat your staff well as a company i worked for did not you had officers turning up half dressed, asleep, no patrols. no log sheets filled in, no check calls, turning up drunk and contracts being lost if you treat them bad they all talk about it and will call you behind your back and start to loose commitment to there work. Also a very high quality uniform and good shoes. any other questions please post

Archived