Security Installer Community

Bioscrypt V-prox

Guest Startrex

Guest Startrex

Right, first off I don't really know much about Access Control products, I'm an end user and not an installer, so please be gentle and excuse my ignorance :)

If I had a Bioscrypt V-Prox reader, what else would I need to use this to control access to a single door?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hi There

I dont log onto the forum as often as I should and I just saw your post with zero replies and I wondered if you were still after an answer on this.

Basically, the biometric reader acts as a third party device that gives a data signal to "a n other" access control system. In this case, the output is a Weigand signal.

So, in setting the system up you need an access control panel that will accept a weigand input. There are lots of products on the market but many of these systems are linked to PC based access control and in that case you would look at Paxton Net2, ACT WinPro or Bewator Entro.

If you were not bothered about the PC link then I would recommend linking the reader to an ACT1000 control unit. Details at http://www.accesscontrol.ie.

So your system setup would look something like this -

Bioscrypt reader

ACT1000 control unit

HID proximity cards (for users to present before the finger)

Power supply

Electric lock

Accessories if required (exit button, break glass unit etc...)

The import thing here is that the Bioscrypt unit will not work on its own...well it will, it just wont open any doors!!!!

Kind regards

Mike

Archived