Security Installer Community

Garage Alarm Cqr Old Bellbox

Guest BR14N

Guest BR14N

I have two problems with a new alarm system, First is with a CQR Bellbox, It's old with no instructions, Siren is not connected to circuit board and no strobe, i need to connect six wires to circuit board and six to a melcom 600 alarm panel, Alarm circuit board has RET-, SW- 4-,3+, +v2,-V1, Any help with this would be great.

Second issue is with a CQR Trapper Intelligent shock Sensor, I have followed instructions but the led has stayed red (Alarm State) can not get it to turn green normal running state. Thanks

I have two problems with a new alarm system, First is with a CQR Bellbox, It's old with no instructions, Siren is not connected to circuit board and no strobe, i need to connect six wires to circuit board and six to a melcom 600 alarm panel, Alarm circuit board has RET-, SW- 4-,3+, +v2,-V1, Any help with this would be great.

Second issue is with a CQR Trapper Intelligent shock Sensor, I have followed instructions but the led has stayed red (Alarm State) can not get it to turn green normal running state. Thanks

brian,

not many are going to give out sensative info on the siren as it could be used by a 'felon' and you could receive a severe shock from the thestrobe circuit.

if you must 'save' the costs of an installation by a competant professional, one who will get the maximum value from your system in just 'know how' of programming, i suggest you at least obtain a brand new siren with built-in cut out, use the one you have as a decoy on the back of the house and go from there. go on, spend a little dosh on a decent siren, it should last arround 10+ years so cheap really and alarm not much use without a good one.

the detector may or may not have a removable 'shorting link' or cut a wire, and is covered in the instructions as usually auto reset, if not simply contact CQR or a new instruction sheet, again placing is paramount and a waste of time if not correctly done, so again get a pro in, its not what we do its what we know how to do you pay for :rolleyes: .

regs

arfur_mo.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived