Security Installer Community

Optima Rf Contant Bell

Guest Andrew

Guest Andrew

I have am optima RF alarm that is about three years old. The whoile system seems to be working ok except i cannot stop the bell and stobe unless a remove the +ve supply to the bell. The amper and the panel and keypad all work and i can enter the engineer functions noi ploblems is just the bell i cant stop can= anybody suggest anything.

Andrew

Guest Guest
It sounds like the bell tamper is open, how is it wired?

Thanks for the reply

The bell tampaer circuit is wired to terminal T & A as in the manual

I cant,t get to look in the beel box at the moment as is been raining all day

Guest Guest
Raining? are you man or mouse get up there now with your torch!

Should have done it yesterday its snowing now. :cold2:

I have checked the wiring and which bells through back down to the alarm panel and both the fron and rear tamper switches are operating.

When the alarm panel os closed and the bell box is open it triggers as if there is a tamper and the internal sounder goes off. If i replace the bell box lid the alarm panel does not trigger as though there is a tamper and the internal sounder does not go off so i think the tamper switches are working ok

In the alarm panel ar two terminals for the sounder 12v supply (D) and -ve sounder trigger. The onky way i can stop the bell is to remove one of these wires but there is a constant voltage on both these terminals. Should there be no voltage on the trigger until the alarm is triggered. The voltage is still there even in day mode. :hmm:

Archived