ADE optima compact manual

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rwybrow_*

Guest_rwybrow_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:04 AM

Dear All,

I have recently moved in to a house with an ADE optima compact alarm system but the people who owned the house before did not leave the manual. They did leave basic intructions, but i would like to have a copy of the maunal.

I have been onto the ADE website, but they do not stock this as an online manual.

Does anyone have a copy that they can send me? or does anyone know how i can get one?

Thanks alot

Rob

• Guests

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:02 PM

Here you go then.

http://www.thesecuri...-4-user-manual/

#3 Guest_andyuk71_*

Guest_andyuk71_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:30 PM

Here you go then.

Attached File  Optima_Compact_User.pdf   241.87KB   20067 downloads

Hi, I found this site through having the same problem as rwybrow in the previos post, though my only information was the previous alarm code. The manual pdf file has enabled me to change my code, many thanks, though my alarm is a slightly different model. It too is an ADE Optima Compact though it only has 6 zones and there's no reference to G3. Do you know where I might be able to download the manual for my particular model? Thanks again, Andy.

#4 gatekiller

gatekiller

• 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

Hello,

I too require the manual after moving into a new house however, after signing up to this website, I still can't download the manual. Could someone please upload it or email me it to:

Many Thanks
Stephen

#5 morse

morse

• 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:29 AM

Hi
I too have just moved in to a property with an ADE Optima Compact 6 Zone however mine was installed in 1998 has anyone got the manual for one that old or is it basicly the same as the G3

#6 magpye

magpye

• Trade Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:01 AM

Hi
I too have just moved in to a property with an ADE Optima Compact 6 Zone however mine was installed in 1998 has anyone got the manual for one that old or is it basicly the same as the G3

Here ya go .....

Attached File  Optima_Compact_6_Operating_Instructions_.pdf   679.99KB   6467 downloads
Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

#7 fad00

fad00

• 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

[quote name='magpye' date='May 1 2008, 12:01 PM' post='196135']
Here ya go .....

Attached File  Optima_Compact_6_Operating_Instructions_.pdf   679.99KB   6467 downloads
Hello

Thank you for the Optima compact manual.. I have an Optima compact too and I want to turn it off to work on the mains but once the mains are turned off the alarm goes off. How can I silence it please?
There is no provision for this in the manual

Best regards

Hello everyone

Thank you all for the Optima compact manuals and advice.. I have an Optima compact too and I want to turn it off to work on the mains but once the mains are turned off the alarm goes off. How can I silence it please?

Best regards

#8 Guest_anguscanplay_*

Guest_anguscanplay_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

Hello everyone

Thank you all for the Optima compact manuals and advice.. I have an Optima compact too and I want to turn it off to work on the mains but once the mains are turned off the alarm goes off. How can I silence it please?

Best regards

it shouldnt - the alarm battery is faulty, replace this first

#9 fad00

fad00

• 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:22 PM

it shouldnt - the alarm battery is faulty, replace this first

Hi

I meant that once I turn the mains off, the alarm starts and I couldn't stop it. I need to switch the mains off to upgrade the switch board and it could take a days job.. I cannot keep the alarm sounding. There must be a swtich off to the system.

Now if I turn off the mains and disconnect the battery it may do the job but then what is the default code to rearm the alarm please?

fadi

#10 Chorlton

Chorlton

"The Neurologist"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:32 PM

Hi

I meant that once I turn the mains off, the alarm starts and I couldn't stop it. I need to switch the mains off to upgrade the switch board and it could take a days job.. I cannot keep the alarm sounding. There must be a swtich off to the system.

Now if I turn off the mains and disconnect the battery it may do the job but then what is the default code to rearm the alarm please?

fadi

1) No there is not
2) We will not provide such information

See here - http://www.thesecuri...m...mp;f=2&id=8

Your alarm is working as designed to.

Please do not ask for bypassing, disabling or silencing info again.

Thank you.

C.
:)

#11 Guest_anguscanplay_*

Guest_anguscanplay_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

Hi

I meant that once I turn the mains off, the alarm starts and I couldn't stop it. IT SHOULDNT I need to switch the mains off to upgrade the switch board and it could take a days job.. I cannot keep the alarm sounding. There must be a swtich off to the system. NO THERE IS A BATTERY TO KEEP THE PANEL POWERED

fadi

CHANGE THE BATTERY FIRST THEN TURN THE MAINS OFF - job done

#12 konfetazz

konfetazz

• 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:36 PM

Hello, i got the same alarm system, but i dont know vere the remote is, probably there arent one. And tha problem is..... i had to dissconnect maince, and now the strobe lights and attack light is on, reset button doesn't do anything. I dont know who installed the system and where to call. Can anyone help thanks :)

#13 jameswilson

jameswilson

Famous Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,940 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:18 AM

have a look in our member listings to see who covers your area.
http://www.thesecuri...p?showforum=268

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk Security & Fire Distribution

#14 konfetazz

konfetazz

• 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

have a look in our member listings to see who covers your area.
http://www.thesecuri...p?showforum=268

I'm blind, or no one is covering ireland :| southern ireland.... any sugestions? mmm.....

#15 Chorlton

Chorlton

"The Neurologist"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

yellow pages then.............?

#16 konfetazz

konfetazz

• 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

yellow pages then.............?

Ohhh... :| it needs just codes yes? sooo i think that maybe u can help me.... or suggest something... plz....

#17 Guest_Thunderfingers_*

Guest_Thunderfingers_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

Unfortunately we are not permitted to give out engineers codes for intruder systems for obvious reasons,although it may still have the default code installed so you might have someone you know with the same system in the same position.
Best bet is to contact a local company north of Dub (in the Blanchardstown/FInglas area or thereabouts).

#18 clairedobinson

clairedobinson

• 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

Hi I was hoping someone could help, I've just moved into a reposessed house so don't have the alarm code for the optima system. We've had to manage over the weekend by just not turning that fuse on which unfortunatley is also the one that covers all the plug sockets!

Do I need a specific Optima security guy to reset the code for me or will a generic guy be able to do it? Is it an easy job?

To be honest I don't know where to start as I've never had an alarm before, I tried google (came up with this forum) but I'm still a bit lost as to where to start.

thanks in advance

Claire

#19 FASTCAR

FASTCAR

Member ++++

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:11 AM

Hi , There should be a fused spur near the alarm panel ( small white box the size of a light switch) remove the fuse from this and you can then turn the sockets on without the alarm receiving power.
The Optima is a very basic panel and any engineer should be able to sort it for you.
This forum cannot provide the manual..but carry on your search on google.

#20 REDLADY

REDLADY

• 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

HI, SO PLEASED I FOUND THIS SITE. HAD AN OPTIMA ALARM FITTED IN A NEW BUILD OFFICE AT WORK BUT THE MANUAL WENT MISSING DURING THE DECORATION PROCESS SO HAVE BEEN USING THE DEFAULT SETTING AND HOPING THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEMS. NOW I AM SORTED!! THANKS

:cheersbeer.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users