• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 deece

deece

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Hi All

I going to install a Melcom AD1000 Voice Dialer to a non Melcom contorl panel. The wring looks straight forward but Rather then using the Bell - to trigger I was going to use the Bell + and change the Voice Dialer settings to take 12v. The reason for this is that Melcom has supplied a 1k resistor which they state needs to be connected to the Bell + and Bell - if using a Bell - trigger. I no expert but would this casue issues with other items connected to the Bell + and Bell - such as the Bell Box?

#2 Largerking

Largerking

• 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

Hi All

I going to install a Melcom AD1000 Voice Dialer to a non Melcom contorl panel. The wring looks straight forward but Rather then using the Bell - to trigger I was going to use the Bell + and change the Voice Dialer settings to take 12v. The reason for this is that Melcom has supplied a 1k resistor which they state needs to be connected to the Bell + and Bell - if using a Bell - trigger. I no expert but would this casue issues with other items connected to the Bell + and Bell - such as the Bell Box?

Hi Mate,

Hi All

Hi Mate,
What panel are you connecting to?

#3 deece

deece

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

The control panel is a Response PW600Plus which I think is an ADE control panel re badge "Optima compact G3" althou it is 7 years old.

#4 Largerking

Largerking

• 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:59 PM

The control panel is a Response PW600Plus which I think is an ADE control panel re badge "Optima compact G3" althou it is 7 years old.

If its the optima g3, the bell outputs should be labelled T, A, D, B, is this correct?

#5 deece

deece

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

Hi

You are correct T A D B

#6 Buzz-lightyear

Buzz-lightyear

• 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

Hi,
Hope im not butting in but.......
No need to change trigger options as terminal B is a negative trigger for your dialler, and im not sure on this resistor but if the instructions say use it, use it.

#7 Rulland

Rulland

• Trade Full Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hi, I would say use the resistor as suggested-reason being that some 'sounders' will do strange things if their inputs are not held solidly + or -, I had a panel with a SD1 attached using the bell neg and until I used a resistor to pull the output down the sounder made very unusual noises.
Rich.

#8 deece

deece

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

Thanks All

I fitted the Dailer with resitor and no problems. Seems to work fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users