Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deece

Melcom Voice Dialer

8 posts in this topic

Hi All

I going to install a Melcom AD1000 Voice Dialer to a non Melcom contorl panel. The wring looks straight forward but Rather then using the Bell - to trigger I was going to use the Bell + and change the Voice Dialer settings to take 12v. The reason for this is that Melcom has supplied a 1k resistor which they state needs to be connected to the Bell + and Bell - if using a Bell - trigger. I no expert but would this casue issues with other items connected to the Bell + and Bell - such as the Bell Box?

Hi All

I going to install a Melcom AD1000 Voice Dialer to a non Melcom contorl panel. The wring looks straight forward but Rather then using the Bell - to trigger I was going to use the Bell + and change the Voice Dialer settings to take 12v. The reason for this is that Melcom has supplied a 1k resistor which they state needs to be connected to the Bell + and Bell - if using a Bell - trigger. I no expert but would this casue issues with other items connected to the Bell + and Bell - such as the Bell Box?

Hi Mate,

Hi All

Hi Mate,

What panel are you connecting to?

The control panel is a Response PW600Plus which I think is an ADE control panel re badge "Optima compact G3" althou it is 7 years old.

The control panel is a Response PW600Plus which I think is an ADE control panel re badge "Optima compact G3" althou it is 7 years old.

If its the optima g3, the bell outputs should be labelled T, A, D, B, is this correct?

Hi,

Hope im not butting in but.......

No need to change trigger options as terminal B is a negative trigger for your dialler, and im not sure on this resistor but if the instructions say use it, use it.

Hi, I would say use the resistor as suggested-reason being that some 'sounders' will do strange things if their inputs are not held solidly + or -, I had a panel with a SD1 attached using the bell neg and until I used a resistor to pull the output down the sounder made very unusual noises.

Rich.

Thanks All

I fitted the Dailer with resitor and no problems. Seems to work fine.