Security Installer Community

Scantronics 9751 Zone Help

Whizzy

I have installed a Scantonics 9751, the sensors, a door contact, a roller door contact and a PIR, have all been wired up in a Closed Circuit Zone configiration, but all the zone show as fault when leaving the engineers Menu, the Unit it set for the CC not FSL, I have even taken the wires out for the sensors and just put a link between the zone and still the fault shown, is this a fault with the system or am I missing anything?

Thx

Steve

You have a fault on the global tamper circuit. Check with a meter to see that it is closed. On an average house you should be seeing between 10 and 20 ohms. Make sure all the lids are on your detectors properly, and check for shorts between you cables.

Trade Member

You have a fault on the global tamper circuit. Check with a meter to see that it is closed. On an average house you should be seeing between 10 and 20 ohms. Make sure all the lids are on your detectors properly, and check for shorts between you cables.

Thx M8, check with multimeter all were fine, took all the sensors out, shorted zone 1 and the shorted global tamper and still getting the same error

thinking the panels faulty, was working when taken out of old unit

Steve

Guest anguscanplay
Thx M8, check with multimeter all were fine, took all the sensors out, shorted zone 1 and the shorted global tamper and still getting the same error

thinking the panels faulty, was working when taken out of old unit

Steve

something not right with your thinking there - are all the devices connected into zone 1 ?

I have come across a software problem on the 9751/2 that scanny were made aware of at the time they came out. Sometimes for no reason the panel would show faults on all the zones when leaving engineering even when there was no fault on any zone or tamper circuits. I used to solve it by powering down the system & then powering it back up. I think the software was having a blonde moment at the time :P

We stopped using the panels because of it & went back to Galaxy...

If at first you don't succeed...don't try skydiving!

disconnect the tampers from the panel and fit a link.

it should come out of engineering now.

if it does you have got a short to one of the tamper pairs.

if it doesnt, down power then power back up and see if the fault clears

one of the tamper pairs will have a short to either the aux + or - or to the alarm pair.

Trade Intruder

Archived