Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448+ And Informa Dialler

ant_cctv

I am installing a informa speech dialler to an existing scantronic 9448+ alarm panel. I have power to the dialler and connected the telephone. I can test all of the dial out functions but i do not know where to coneect in the two wires which tell the dialler that the alarm has gone off.

Any ideas??

The informa manual says connect the INH to the panels SET+ and the IP1 to the BELL B-

This may seem obvious but i dont want to risk frying anything.

Guest rjbsec

Check your installation manual but I don't think the 9448 has a Set+ facility - might be able to rig something up from an output but I don't thnk it's really compatible.

Someone else may offer other advice, I've not used the 9448 much.

Just connect a -ve from the panels bell terminal to IP1.

Personaly though, I detest the Informa. The only thing I'd connect it to would be the inside of the bin.

I am installing a informa speech dialler to an existing scantronic 9448+ alarm panel. I have power to the dialler and connected the telephone. I can test all of the dial out functions but i do not know where to coneect in the two wires which tell the dialler that the alarm has gone off.

Any ideas??

The informa manual says connect the INH to the panels SET+ and the IP1 to the BELL B-

This may seem obvious but i dont want to risk frying anything.

The Scantronic 9448 as a lead which plugs on to the board which will then allow you to use the communicator trigger.

The Engineer manual shows the pins you need to connect to

If you haven't got that leed i would go with connecting it to the strobe out put as it will constantly be in alarm un till the code is inputed as the bell has a cut of timer.

Regards

Will

Trade Member

Archived