Security Installer Community

Xp Won't Shut Down

Monteey

Greetings, got a problem shutting down XP at the moment which is really bugging me

Every time i click on turn off computer, the damn thing comes up with 'ending CCAPP' box with end now etc options, when thats gone the computer stays on and everytime i click of turn off computer nothing happens at all, the only way i can turn the thing off is to literally ditch the power which isnt good for it im sure.

Anyone got any ideas what the hells got into the thing?

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Monteey, are you using Norton anti-virus, and if so, has it updated itself recently?

If you are not running Norton, I would run some anti-spyware software such as Spybot Search and Destroy (link http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/) and remove the ccap link from the startup in the registry.

If you are, I would try reinstalling Norton if you can, or run the repair option from the setup programme.

Apologies if you have already tried the above.

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

It is a norton antivirus Process, manually and reinstall.

You can get a utill called NONAV, it isnt for public download, but it is an official Symantec Product, you will find it if you search google

Dont use if you have other symantec products installed.

Once clean you can reinstall.

Dean

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Archived