Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas R8plus To Informa ??

Guest therealpheonix

Guest therealpheonix

Hi folks , im new to this site, due to an unwelcome visitor a few days ago i am going to fit an alarm, i have a veritas r8plus control panel and a informer dialer ,can anyone help me with the wiring code to match them together? i cant seem to find a model number of the informer, not sure if you guys need one! ok heres the terminal names on the informer ....ip1, ip2,ip3,inh... the tamp and 12v/0v i can work out fine ........... oh yeah , and are these two compatable, i picked up the informer from a friend , still in a sealed pack.........( the informer that is , not the friend) and bought the texecom kit from new....thanks in advance ....martin

Hello Martin,

firstly, please note that I am not an expert, and I am sure the professionals will give you a more qualified opinion however...

As far as I am aware, there should be no problem connecting the two together, assuming you have the installation manual for the Veritas alarm, page 16 of the manual details the connection, but in your case, you will have to choose three outputs from the alarm that you want to be signalled e.g. intruder, PA and confirmed (pins 3,2,8 respectively from the top right hand corner of the panel). These should be connected to "inA-C". "inh" as far as I know, is an input inhibit, and should probably be left disconnected. If there isn't a line monitor output from the communicator, L/M on the panel should be tied to ground.

I hope this helps in the interim, but I am sure someone else will be able to give a far more detailed (and accurate) description.

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

The Informa is a piece of ****, I'd bin it tbh, and Informa is the model number. :)

You only really need one output connecting from the Veritas, intruder. Connect it to whichever input you want and program the ropey affair up appropriately.

The Informa is a piece of ****, I'd bin it tbh, and Informa is the model number. :)

You only really need one output connecting from the Veritas, intruder. Connect it to whichever input you want and program the ropey affair up appropriately.

Thats what I like to see a straight forward honest answer - so many times I have been critised for giving this type of answer.

Guest therealpheonix

thanks Andrew ill try what you said, im still not sure of the exact wiring code to join both but thanks again for your help... martin

Archived