Security Installer Community

After a manual for "out of the dark" system

Guest Toibs

Hi guys :)

Just moved into new premises, and have come accross something that can only be described as "out of the arc".

I'm lead to believe it's an old Modern Securities "80 series" system. We've been given a user code, but nothing else (they've managed to plumb a Menver RKP in - quite how is gonna require further investigation).

This system used to be under contract with Modern themselves (Now //.National Installer.//), but as expected unless we want to take out a full contract with them they aint interested :(

Anyone got any information about these old thinge that they could pass on please? manuals, both user and installation would be good, since i think i'm gonna have to start from scratch with this one (the galaxy we currently have is great!).

We're all electronic engineers here, so anything over-techy isnt a problem

Paul

hi

is the mevier rkp not a remote reset unit (for signaling reset)

i cant see how a rkp would work on it as all remote rkp have data sent by the panel

your 80 has no processer just logic cards you would be best investing in a new panel if you dont want //.National Installer.// to get involved <_<

i might be able to dig out a drawing if that would help!! -_-

Mr Silcox,

If you could pass the info on i would be greatful..... Will be back over there today to whip the cover off and have a look to see whats inside - if it's logic boards then there shouldnt be much to it, and it should be fairly easy to figure out. I'll have to attack the boss about changing it out, as the expense wont be too great. All the pir's will have to be re-located anyhow, as they're all in completely the wrong places (as per usual!!)

I'll also have a look and see what the rkp is connected to...... :D

Thanks

Paul

Archived