Security Installer Community

Replacing ageing Scantronic alarm

Guest Gerry J

Guest Gerry J

I am looking to replace my ageing Scantronic alarm system which I installed myself (I am starting to get false alarms). I am thinking of replacing it with a ESP Infinite alarm or a Texecom Premier 24. I need something which is reliable and will also inform me by mobile phone text when the alarm goes off. I would also like to be able to reset the alarm by mobile phone. The alarm system needs to be able to be installed by me (DIY). Any sugestions?

Hmm it wont be the control panel creating the false alarms, but whats connected on the end of the wires, just changing the panel will not solve the problems, you may want to look at changing the detectors as well

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Guest Gerry J
Hmm it wont be the control panel creating the false alarms, but whats connected on the end of the wires, just changing the panel will not solve the problems, you may want to look at changing the detectors as well

I am looking to replace the panel,bell box and detectors.

The alarm seems to be false alarming due to a tamper fault.

Fix the tamper fault then.

What I'm trying to say is, there's no need to rip everything out just because it's got a fault. Regular servicing can prevent some faults and assist in the finding of others. What Scantronic panel is it OOI?

Guest Gerry J
Fix the tamper fault then.

What I'm trying to say is, there's no need to rip everything out just because it's got a fault. Regular servicing can prevent some faults and assist in the finding of others. What Scantronic panel is it OOI?

I have a Scantronic 9200 panel.

Guest Gerry J
Nothing wrong with the panel then, I'd fix the tamper fault. You must already know where it is to be able to say that it is a device and not the wiring.

My system is about 15 years old and I wanted to upgrade it to include features like notification by sms text if problems occur. My choice boiled down to the Texecom Premier 24 and the ESP Infinite system. Which would be the best for my requirements:

I'd go for the Premier 48, not sure if the com2400 fits on the 24 (for SMS), I'd have to root the manual out.

You still sure this tamper fault will go away when you've replaced everything thugh?

Archived