Security Installer Community

Optima XM6 Malfunction

Guest jegan

I have an Optima XM6 fitted and it is curretnly ringing intermittently - every 30 mins of so. I can usually stop the ringing using the code but since it is currently the middle of the night this is very inconvenient.

Detectors are generally always on and otherwise flash intermittently and randomly.

Occasionally the keys go dead, but later seem to work again.

Battery has not been checked for 3-4 yrs - unfortunately.

I would really just like to disable the alarm so that my neighbour might get some sleep.

I would be grateful for any help and and suggested source of parts in the Sheffield area.

Thanks

Further information - the above system was fitted in 1994.

When the keys are not working, it seems that the intermittent ringing might be avoided by keeping the detectors fully activated by movement. It is turning out to be an interesting night.

Thanks

Hi Jegan,

Sorry you had a sleepless night... and im glad I live in Rotherham and not Sheffield otherwise I would have probably taken a gun to the bell box...

Anyway, to silence the system until you can get an engineer out:

Only try this if you feel competant enough, otherwise call an alarm engineer;

- Remove the fuse from the electrical fused sur (should be near the alarm panel)

- Unscrew the panel cover

- Disconnect the battery

- The bell should go off for 20 minutes until the delay has ended, the the system will be dead.

Hope this helps.... if you are still stuck send me an email and I will email my mobile number to you.

Dale

Does sound as if your panel PCB has either burnt out cause the system has been trying to charge a dead battery - or has electrical damage (probably caused by a mains spike).

As for parts - CPC are quite good, or if you want them quickly goto Maplin trade counter in Barnsley, they are normally pretty well stocked.

Or there is allways City Electric!

There are plenty of trade places around Sheff, so if you know someone who has an account with any of them, get them to get it for you!

Dale

Archived