Security Installer Community

A1 alarm - 24hr LEDlit

Guest Sarah

Hello !

We recently moved into a house with an A1 alarm panel - I don't know what model! I came home last night and the 24hr LED was lit. Tried pressing the reset button but there was no beep.

I have no manual and don't even know what the code is (previous owner had no idea either!).

How do i reset the panel and does the fact that I have no beep mean that the battery is flat?

Also does anyone know where I can get a manual, as I'd like to use the alarm.

Thank you!!!

Sarah,

Personaly if you want an alarm to work in your house I would get a proffesional installer out to give you a quote on a new one. A1 alarms are mainly for DIYers so you can't guarantee the qulaity of the installation - so there is no guarantee the alarm will go off if your broken in to. With the dark nights and christmass approaching the number of burglaries will increase and you don't want to feel a false sense of security with an alarm system that may be ineffective.

There are a few different A1 panels, so it may be a good idea to send us a picture otherwise its difficult for us to give you specific advice. But, it does sound as if the panel has got "stuck" especially if it won't reset. The battery probably does need replacing, but there's no point doing this until we know what model it is so we can advice you how to default the panel.

Dale

Hi Sarah,

Try this link

Manuals

But you'd be better off getting a pro in!

A1 is not a reliable system, and the installation quality may be even more doubtful.

Give us a shout if you're in the Plymouth Area.

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Archived