Security Installer Community

fitting smoke detectors on a sterling 10 panel

Guest farrellcom

Guest farrellcom

Have a sterling 10 panel & want to fit 3 smoke detectors.

Have one "Ei electronics" smoke detector still in the box that turned up late from alert electrical when i fitted the alarm system last year and never got round to installing it. This is the link to it

http://www.alertelectrical.com/product.asp...D=0&prodID=1587

was thinking of buying 2 more and actualy finnishing my alarm off. My queastion is in the fitting instructions for my smoke detector is says you have to fit an "EOL specified by panel" end of line device after the last smoke detector. I have looked in the sterling panel fitting instructions and it doesn't mention this. What is an end of line device and were can i get the correct one for my panel?

Or would i be better with 3 of the heat sensors instead that are listed on the alert electrcal site?

As you can prob tell this is the only alarm i have fitted so please dont be too technical, your help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The EOL referred to is not required for the Sterling 10, therefore we'll not go into it.

As for heat\smoke, it depends where you're mounting them. Heats would be better if you're fitting detectors in kitchens or boiler rooms etc... and smokes are more for communal type areas. There's a good guide to domestic smoke detection on the EI\Aico website.

It does not say but i take it they have volt free relay contacts in the base?

As for type,i would not recommend Ionisation detectors near kitchens or shower/bathrooms.

As soon as you fit a heat detector you have to rely on an acual fire to set them off,whereas smoke type will detect the fire in it's early stages,giving you more protection and time to evacuate or tackle the fire.

I see they do a multi-sensor. I would install them in areas other than the kitchen.

Guest farrellcom

Thanks for both your replys you were a great help think i will go for a heat sensor in the kitchen and multi sensors around the rest of the house.

Thanks again.

Archived